The Alvin Miller House is a Usonian home of 1250 square feet on the banks of the Cedar River in Charles City, Iowa. This Frank Lloyd Wright home was entered into the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. The original design called for the residence of dentist Dr. Alvin and Inez Miller to be built, with an adjoining dental office on the south side of the home, and a second residence for the Miller’s dentist son, Dr. William Miller. Of the three FLW designed structures, only the original residence was built in the period. The original plans were not completed because the Miller’s daughter-in-law asked Wright for changes to the plans for the second home. She planned on more children and requested another bedroom. Wright refused changes, saying the plan was perfect as designed, so the younger Miller family decided not to go forward. Construction began on the original home 1946 and was completed in 1951.