Benjamin J. and Mabel T. Ricker House was designed by Walter Burley Griffin and Marion Mahony Griffin in 1911 and completed in 1912. It was the first of seven houses the Griffins designed for Iowa clients, six of which were built and the other five of which are in Mason City. Ricker House was purchased by Grinnell College in 2000 and is operated as a short-term residence for guests of the College. The house is located on a large Double Lot, adding to its large street presence. A respectful garage addition was added in 1916 by architect Barry Byrne. The house is highlighted by Brick and tile detailing framing the windows on all four facades of the building. This detailing is also brought inside the home on murals in the library and living room fireplaces.